Our Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus is nestled below the Niagara Escarpment, a United Nations World Biosphere Reserve, including ecological lagoons, wetlands, landscaped gardens and a 40-acre teaching vineyard. The campus serves as a living lab for our successful environment and horticulture students, as well as for neighbouring communities and visitors to the area.
The Welland Campus is located on 100 acres surrounded by residential area. The entire campus grounds is being developed into its own forested microclimate featuring trees, shrubs and other plants, which will provide a habitat for animals and other wildlife. This low-maintenance, sustainable landscape will feature 6.4 km of walking trails.
Support Our Tree Planting Project
Planting a tree is a special and lasting way to celebrate and honour the lives and accomplishments of loved ones or to commemorate a birth, anniversary or other occasion.
Your donation will support our efforts to develop and enhance the exterior areas of our campuses through participation in our Tree Planting Project. The expectation is your tree will live 50 to 60 years, providing a legacy for future generations.
For more Tree Planting Project information and a donation form please download this PDF.
A $1,000 Donation includes:
- A 10-foot tree will be planted – choose one of seven varieties
- Nameplate will recognize your donation (4 ¼” x 2 ¾”)
- Donations are eligible for a tax receipt: Charitable registration # 11905 7180 RR0001
- Location of tree will be included on the College website
- Name will be listed on the donor recognition plaque in the Niagara College Greenhouse